This list offers an overview of good practices in digital skills by regional, national and European stakeholders. Explore successful approaches, upskilling initiatives and projects with a proven impact on bridging the digital skills gap that have the potential to be replicated in other countries and different contexts.
- The Italian initiative aims to tackle gender disparities and encourage more girls to go into ICT and STEM careers.
- In Europe, only about a quarter of girls study STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics), compared to one in three in Slovenia. Why don't girls choose engineering careers? For us to narrow the gender gap in STEM and Computer Science...
- A Croatian programme that has already provided digitalisation support to 50.000 SMEs and people from all over Croatia.
- The MakerHUB by Technobel & overall project support innovation and experimentation with state-of-the-art technologies and get guidance by experts.
- A Portuguese program to promote gender equality and equal access to engineering and technological courses for all.
- An open-source toolbox for SMEs and VET providers, with guidance on a range of topics from tackling gender disparities within a company, to digitalising a product or service.
- The national initiative equips employees with the skills they need to advance in their current job, or explore new opportunities in key sectors of Ireland.
- Workshops in Spain aim to address the gender gap in the ICT sector and get more girls excited about the possibility of a career in technology.
- An initiative by the Belgian government to address the gender gap in the ICT sector and encourage women and girls to embark on careers in tech and STEM.
- An open educational resource by the Cyprus Ministry of Education, Sports, and Youth to teach basic digital skills to adults, with a focus on senior people and marginalised groups.