This list offers an overview of good practices in digital skills by regional, national and European stakeholders. Explore successful approaches, upskilling initiatives and projects with a proven impact on bridging the digital skills gap that have the potential to be replicated in other countries and different contexts.
Discover more suggestions
- Social Warning is a project that brings the topic of digital awareness to schools through a network of young volunteer trainers, all professionals who work with digital technologies on a daily basis. The aim is not to alarm or reassure, but to inform.
- The DiversIT Charter is a 3-tier certification aimed at reducing gender disparity in IT roles. It serves as both a recognition of a company’s efforts in advancing gender equality in tech, and as inspiration for further diversity and inclusion policies.
- Accessia is an innovative springboard that aims to getting people with disabilities who have difficulty accessing employment into work and improving the digital accessibility of online services.
- DigiAcademy is an inclusive digital skills education platform co-created with people with ID & services to deliver meaningful content deemed valuable by the community. With the app, learners can set their own learning plans.
- Pix is an initiative aiming at fighting the digital divide and enhancing the digital skills of the largest possible audience, through an online platform accessible to all, for free. Pix platform was created as an online service that aims at assessing, developing and certifying digital skills.
- Open the Box is a media and data literacy initiative for teachers and educators, promoting a scalable, measurable and effective educational format for tackling online disinformation through training, educational kits, and online challenges.
- Meet and Code provides financial support and resources for non-profits to support events that introduce children and young people to technology and coding. These events intend to show the fun elements of coding and how it brings innovation to life. This practice is specially aligned with EU Code Week.