This list offers an overview of good practices in digital skills by regional, national and European stakeholders. Explore successful approaches, upskilling initiatives and projects with a proven impact on bridging the digital skills gap that have the potential to be replicated in other countries and different contexts.
Discover more suggestions
- The Fundación Secretariado Gitano (FSG) and the Spanish Red Cross (ECR) are recognised as bodies in the third sector, which have been developing employment programmes within the framework of the Structural Funds over the past 19 years, targeting those who have the greatest difficulty in accessing the labour market, belonging to vulnerable groups.
- About the Master's Programme The International Master’s Programme, IMVRP, focused on virtual reality, funded by the European Commission’s ERASMUS+ programme, aims to create a new profile of professionals able to combine advanced technical computing
- DigiLernsicher is a nationally funded project in Austria aiming at introducing extended reality technologies, particularly virtual reality (VR), into vocational education and training. The project's primary focus lies in empowering electrician apprentices with essential digital skills using a specially developed VR apps. By conducting design fiction workshops involving trainers and trainees, VR learning scenarios were identified.
- The initiative of National Academy for Digital Skills in Greece “Third e-age: Digital Empowerment of the Elderly", aims to tailor individual training and customized support to the elderly provided by Digital Assistants-Trainers, in order to perform basic digital tasks. The elderly get the opportunity to habituate to the use of their personal ICT equipment, to create and exchange information and data, to build capability to request and receive digital services and to enjoy communication and sharing with their loved ones at a basic level of security and a fair amount of digital citizenship. This action is aligned with national strategy of digital transformation of the country (Digital Transformation Bible 2020-2025) and EU policy (Digital Decade 2030 for reducing the digital divide in digital basic skill of citizens.
- Women in IT Career Day is a free online conference for women who are interested in new technologies and want to develop in this direction. The event is attended by leaders of the Polish IT industry and experts in motivation and development.
- The MakerHUB by Technobel & overall project support innovation and experimentation with state-of-the-art technologies and get guidance by experts.
- An internal upskilling initiative for employees of the EULEN Group, that boosts digital culture and competences for all.
- Barcelona Digital Talent offers a range of free services to raise awareness, guide, train and connect emerging digital talents with businesses.
- In 2018, Bulgaria successfully replicated a good practice implemented in Latvia, in which libraries lend a hand to private businesses, taking on the role of educational centres for modern digital knowledge and skills for employees in SMEs.