This list offers an overview of good practices in digital skills by regional, national and European stakeholders. Explore successful approaches, upskilling initiatives and projects with a proven impact on bridging the digital skills gap that have the potential to be replicated in other countries and different contexts.
Discover more suggestions
- Solve for Tomorrow is a space for learning and introducing technology-based solutions to local problems. The program teaches cooperation, responsibility sharing, develops presentation skills and prepares young people to work with new technologies, in line with sustainable development goals.
- The initiative of National Academy for Digital Skills in Greece “Third e-age: Digital Empowerment of the Elderly", aims to tailor individual training and customized support to the elderly provided by Digital Assistants-Trainers, in order to perform basic digital tasks. The elderly get the opportunity to habituate to the use of their personal ICT equipment, to create and exchange information and data, to build capability to request and receive digital services and to enjoy communication and sharing with their loved ones at a basic level of security and a fair amount of digital citizenship. This action is aligned with national strategy of digital transformation of the country (Digital Transformation Bible 2020-2025) and EU policy (Digital Decade 2030 for reducing the digital divide in digital basic skill of citizens.
- SparkDigiGirls aims to encourage girls to explore digital technologies such as AR (Augmented Reality), AI (Artificial Intelligence) and other technologies to come up with new and interesting ideas.
- Accessia is an innovative springboard that aims to getting people with disabilities who have difficulty accessing employment into work and improving the digital accessibility of online services.
- The programme aims to prepare the next generation of digital talents by including cloud computer training within the educational curriculum of ICT training in Andalusia, Spain.
- An internal upskilling initiative for employees of the EULEN Group, that boosts digital culture and competences for all.
- Barcelona Digital Talent offers a range of free services to raise awareness, guide, train and connect emerging digital talents with businesses.
- The Bootcamps are an annual training opportunity for skilling, upskilling and reskilling organised by the Maltese National Coalition, the eSkills Malta Foundation.
- The hackathons in Lithuania brought together almost 200 young people from all over the country to develop and implement creative ideas on key societal challenges.
- DESI is a composite index that summarises relevant indicators on Europe's digital performance and tracks EU Member States' progress.