This list offers an overview of good practices in digital skills by regional, national and European stakeholders. Explore successful approaches, upskilling initiatives and projects with a proven impact on bridging the digital skills gap that have the potential to be replicated in other countries and different contexts.
Discover more suggestions
- The Digital Skills Community of Latvia’s regions was established at the start of 2022 with the aim of fostering digital competence across the country's regions. with the common objective of promoting the growth of society’s digital skills.
- The European Union's Digital Economy and Society Index (DESI) indicates that Latvia's digital development is considerably slower than that of its neighbouring countries, and also under the EU average. Improving this requires a coherent approach that
- The annual Latvian ICT prize “ Platinum Mouse Award 2023 ” has been awarded since 2007. It aims to identify the most successful digital solutions created in Latvia, to assess the top project creators and developers, and to raise awareness of the
- FutureLab50+ is an initiative launched by the JobOn Foundation, in collaboration with the municipality of Rotterdam and the municipality of Utrecht, that consisted in a varied, educational and inspiring online digital skills development program. It was targeted to citizens aged 50+ and has been successfully completed by 650 job seekers.
- About the Master's Programme The International Master’s Programme, IMVRP, focused on virtual reality, funded by the European Commission’s ERASMUS+ programme, aims to create a new profile of professionals able to combine advanced technical computing
- BayCode aims at upskilling 5,000 Bavarian pupils with little or no access to digital education and/or migration background in digital competencies. Together with local schools, companies and volunteer IT-experts, it promotes digital participation and equal opportunities.
- Women in IT Career Day is a free online conference for women who are interested in new technologies and want to develop in this direction. The event is attended by leaders of the Polish IT industry and experts in motivation and development.