This section offers a variety of publications, reports, studies, and data on digital skills and digitalisation. Find skills intelligence from throughout Europe to boost your knowledge, enhance your research activities, and understand the drivers behind the digital transformation.
- This report presents recommendations to accelerate the rise of global tech leaders born in Europe in the service of both progress and technological sovereignt.
Artificial Intelligence and the Rights of the Child : Towards an Integrated Agenda for Research and Policy (JRC Publication - 2022)This report from the Joint Research Center (JRC) of the European Commission proposes a set of science-for-policy future directions for AI and child’s rights.
- This study reviews access-to-finance conditions for the digitalisation of SMEs and the role of digital innovation hubs (DIHs) as key enablers in the wider ecosystem.
- The report recognises that technological change can affect not just the volume of work but also its quality. It identifies threats to job quality and an unequal distribution of the risks and benefits associated with digital automation. In response...
- The research report: ‘The impact of AI, machine learning, automation and robotics on the information profession’ highlights technical skills are not the only thing that workers may need to develop further in the future.
Artificial intelligence, blockchain and the future of Europe: How disruptive technologies create opportunities for a green and digital economy (2021)Europe needs to address an investment gap of up to €10 billion that is holding back development and deployment of artificial intelligence and blockchain technologies in the EU
- This highlight from Skills Panorama analyses the digital skills ecosystem, the opportunities that are enabled by reaching literacy in the digital domain and the challenges related to the lack of digital literacy.