This report outlines the challenges and key trends for teaching and schools, and sets out ambitious proposals to improve education standards to ensure learning caters to the needs of all students regardless of background.
This section offers a variety of publications, reports, studies, and data on digital skills and digitalisation. Find skills intelligence from throughout Europe to boost your knowledge, enhance your research activities, and understand the drivers behind the digital transformation.
- This policy brief maps the EU digital skills gaps and explores policy measures to counteract the self-reinforcing dynamics that tend to concentrate talent in the hands of a few technological leaders.
- This working paper from Digital Futures of Work focuses on the role of the credential in shaping individual opportunities in the competition of jobs and how rapid digital innovation is transforming how labour markets and the competition for jobs.
- The study is part of the OECD Education Working Papers and provides a deep dive on the state of computational thinking in early childhood education. Computer programming and associated Computational Thinking (CT) skills are essential to thriving in today’s academic and professional world.
- The working paper, requested by the ECON Committee of the European Parliament, considers initiatives funded by the Recovery and Resilience Facility to support SMEs in the digital transition. It concludes that while there are many areas of good practice, risks remain due to the lack of outcome-based targets, the complexity of some schemes and relatively low levels of funding in relation to the ambition in some cases.
Managing tomorrow's digital skills: what conclusions can we draw from international comparative indicators? (2018)Working paper on the conditions impacting the development of digital skills.
- Working paper on how automation will shape the future of work.