The International Artificial Intelligence Summer School: AI for Wellness
The 2021 International Artificial Intelligence Summer School is the 2nd edition of the annual John McCarthy AI Summer School. The annual event features keynote speeches, plenary lectures, and roundtable discussions along with networking and research colloquiums and gathers some of the brightest professionals in the field of AI. This year’s summer school will deep dive into the area of AI for Wellness with both core and applied research tracks. The John McCarthy AI Summer School is suitable for Professors, Post-Doc's, PhD Students and Researchers in the fields of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Robotics and computer scientists with an interest in AI, statistics, and machine learning.
About this workshop
The training session will take place on 2 and 3 September 2021. The event will be held online and hosted from Killorglin, Kerry Country, Ireland by several international companies, academic partners and organisations focusing on digital innovation: RDI Hub, Microsoft, Munster Technological University and the SFI ADAPT Centre for AI-Driven Digital Content Technology, along with new partners Tangent and AI Ireland.
The theme of the event is AI for Wellness and the training session explores latest trends in cutting-edge research at the intersection of technology and health care and wellness - a field of research, which is gaining more and more traction with each next week. You will join keynotes and roundtables with speakers from Stanford, DCU, University of Agder, Norway, University of Sheffield, Munster Technology University, TU Dublin, Trinity College Dublin and U.S. Special Operations Command.
Speakers and programme
Day One - Core Research
- Prof. John D. Kelleher | Technological University Dublin : “Using AI to develop clinical decision support systems for stroke treatment”
- Dr. Heidi Christensen | University Sheffield : “How speech signal technology could be used to advance healthcare”
- Dr. Morten Goodwin | University of Agder “The obvious secret to making AI for wellness”
- Dr. Lydia Kostopoulos | USSOCOM Florida : “The Emerging Artificial Intelligence Wellness Landscape: Opportunities and Areas of Ethical Debate”
Day Two - Applied research
- Dr. Alison Darcy | Stanford University and Founder of Woebothealth
- Dr. Jamie McGann | DCU and Founder of Moveahead project
- Dr Johann Issartel | Co-founder of MoveAhead, Associate Professor at DCU
- Dr. Conor McGinn | TCD and Founder of Akara
- Dr. Sean McSweeney | Head of Department of Computer Science, MTU
- Dr. Haithem Afli | NLP/ML Lecturer , SFI Funded Investigator and PI at MTU
- Dr. Siobhan MacSweeney| Head of Research, MTU
- Brid McElligott| Vice President for Research, Development and External Engagement at MTU
- John O'Donoghue | Technologies Emerging Technologies Lead, Dell
- Jon Anthony,| CEO and Founder of Adappt technology partners
- Eugene O Connor | Chief Medical Office Altada
- Dr. Andrew Shields | Lecturer and Principal Investigator in MTU
- Dr Bruno Andrade| Post doctoral researcher, MTU
- Dr. Lara Kelly| Health Beacon
- Sohini De | Founder of Empeal
- Omar Salem & Tim Farrelly |Founder at Field Of Vision
More information can be found on the official page of the training session. The event is free of charge.