Launch of the BIBLIO MOOC
The BIBLIO project will be kicking off its Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) on October 4. This MOOC has been developed in response to the expansion of library services and activities as a consequence of the digital transformation. The profession of the librarian has evolved alongside these changes and the MOOC aims to provide support to library professionals in gaining new skills and developing innovative services and activities as technology continues to change. The MOOC offers:
- A state-of-the-art curricula at European Qualification Framework level 5 developed and delivered by experts
- 26 modules covering transferable and digital skills for library professionals
- A flexible weekly workload and a schedule of 8-10 hours per week that learners can complete at their own pace
- Personalised support from experts
- Opportunity to meet and connect with peers from across the world
- Certification in accordance with the European and national qualification frameworks
- For participants who successfully complete the MOOC, the opportunity to enlist in a specialised training programme and certify as a Community engagement and communication officer or Digital transformation facilitator
The MOOC is free of charge and is open to anyone and will run for 10 weeks. Previous experience in librarianship is a plus but not required. Participants will need an intermediate level of English as the online lessons and materials will be in English.
Register for the MOOC.