Meet the winners of the Meet And Code Awards 2020
After reviewing many impressive initiatives, the Meet and Code jury selected the winners during the virtual Award Ceremony on 16 March 2021.
Despite the challenges posed by the pandemic, 1,750 applications for grants were received, from which 1,324 were supported. From those, 897 also applied for the yearly Meet and Code Awards 2020. This is the third time Meet and Code have honoured the best practice events and projects that progress society towards a digitalising next generation.
The winners for each of the 5 categories were:
- Girls do ICT: "Webseminar: Cyborg-fabrics" Mar de Colores e.V. (Germany)
- Diversity: "My Story" by ARSIS Organisation for the social support of youth (Greece)
- Code for the planet: "Ecological IT-Quest" by ЦЕНТР ЄВРОІНІЦІАТИВ (Ukraine)
- Community: "Code & Light up" by DENSA Coop Soc (Italy)
- Code for Europe: "Makers United" by De Creatieve STEM and "Jeunes "makers" européens" by Digijeunes (Cooperation) (Belgium, France)
Meet and Code is an initiative designed to introduce children and young people to coding and new technology innovations. The initiative aims to show how exciting the tech world can be, hosting events to show young people that coding can be fun. Meet and Code also has the mission of encouraging young people to develop their digital skills, recognising their value in today's world.
© Prostock-studio - stock.adobe.com