Alliances for Education and Enterprises (Erasmus+ Programme)
Partnerships funded within this Erasmus+ Programme shall implement a coherent and comprehensive set of sectoral or cross-sectoral activities, which should be adaptable to future knowledge developments across the EU.
To boost innovation, the focus will be on digital skills as they are increasingly important in all job profiles across the entire labour market. Also, the transition to a circular and greener economy needs to be underpinned by changes to qualifications and national education and training curricula to meet emerging professional needs for green skills and sustainable development.
In particular, Alliances for Education and Enterprises are transnational, structured and result-driven projects, in which partners share common goals and work together to foster innovation, new skills, a sense of initiative and entrepreneurial mind-sets.
They aim to foster innovation in higher education, vocational education and training, enterprises and the broader socioeconomic environment. This includes confronting societal and economic challenges such as climate change, changing demographics, digitalisation, artificial intelligence and rapid employment changes through social innovation and community resilience, as well as labour market innovation.
Alliances for Education and Enterprises bring together enterprises and both higher education and vocational training providers to work together in partnership. Operating within one economic sector or several different economic sectors, they create reliable and sustainable relations and demonstrate their innovative and transnational character in all aspects. While each partnership must include at least one Vocational Education Provider (VET) and one higher education organisation, they can address either both or one of these educational fields.
They intend to achieve one or more of the following aims:
- Fostering new, innovative and multidisciplinary approaches to teaching and learning: fostering innovation in education design and delivery, teaching methods, assessment techniques, learning environments and/or developing new skills;
- Fostering corporate social responsibility (e.g. equity, inclusion, climate change, environmental protection and sustainable development);
- Stimulating a sense of initiative and entrepreneurial attitudes, mind-sets and skills in learners, educational staff and other workers, in line with the Entrepreneurship Competence Framework;
- Improving the quality and relevance of skills developed and certified through education and training systems (including new skills and tackling skills mismatches);
- Facilitating the flow and co-creation of knowledge between higher education and vocational education and training, research, the public sector and the business sector;
- Building and supporting effective and efficient higher education and vocational education and training systems, which are connected and inclusive, and contribute to innovation.
The deadline of this call is 7 September, 2021.
Higher education institutions, VET, providers, SMEs, research institutes, NGOs, public bodies at local, regional or national level, organisations active in education, training and youth, economic development agencies and others.
- Alliances for Education and Enterprises must cover at least 4 Programme countries, involving a minimum of 8 full partners.
- The partnership must include at least 3 labour market actors (enterprises or companies, or representative intermediary organisations, such as chambers, trade unions or trade associations) and at least 3 education and training providers (VET and/or HEIs), as full partners. There should be at least one HE institution and one VET provider involved as a full partner in each proposal.
- The duration of the project should be 2 or 3 years.