Media talents and skills (Creative Europe Programme)
The objective of this Creative Europe Programme's call is to foster the talents and skills of the audiovisual sector professionals. Strengthen the capacity of audiovisual professionals to adapt to new creative processes and new business models with a view to maximise and fully exploit the opportunities of digital innovation across the value chain.
Initiatives will aim at reinforcing the capacity to fully exploit the creative and commercial potential of the digital transition in all formats and for all platforms. Particular focus will be put on the acquisition of entrepreneurial skills, and awareness on the market and digital technologies developments, data analytics, sustainable business models, internationalisation, marketing, promotion, audience development, restoration of film heritage, the greening of the industry.
- To improve the capacity of the audiovisual sector to operate transnationally and internationally;
- To have a structuring effect on European companies, including testing new business models and enhancing the capacity to access finance;
- To accompany the digital transition of the audiovisual sector and its ability to apply digital and new technologies;
- To facilitate the sharing of knowledge and know-how, notably via the support of mentoring initiatives.
Funded activities may take the form of physical and/or online training courses, boot-camp courses, and/or mentoring programmes based on innovative learning, teaching, mentoring and coaching methods, using the latest digital technologies.
The focus should be on the improvement of skills and competencies adapted to the evolving market practices. In particular training, mentoring and capacity building activities should aim at:
- Facilitating the learning and acquisition of new skills and expertise across the audio-visual value chain, in particular, digital skills;
- Developing new business models and strengthening international cooperation in the audiovisual sector;
- Fostering co-operation between players from different groups of countries to ensure knowledge transfer and relevant mentorship opportunities and reinforcing the capacity of professionals from low audiovisual capacity countries;
- Promote business strategies that ensure a more sustainable and more environmentally respectful industry as well as diversity and inclusiveness.
- Nurturing young talent and support young start-ups in the audio-visual sector.
Applications can be submitted by 26 August 2021 17:00 (Brussels time).
Education and training centres, Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs), NGOs / NPOs, public services, startups, associations, universities, and others.
The following entities are eligible to participate in the Programme if they are active in cultural and creative sectors:
- legal entities established in:
- an EU Member State or an overseas country or territory linked to that Member State;
- a third country associated with the Programme;
- a third country listed in the work programme;
- legal entities created under Union law;
- international organisations.