Digital Skills Bootcamp 2021 is this year's edition of e-Skills Malta Foundation's annual campaign, which sees the foundation contacting a wide range of training providers to participate in the delivery of education sessions, open to all, on the topic of coding, software, mobile applications and web development, and advanced digital skills. In this context, the Bootcamp is part of the foundation's mandate and commitment to increasing the number of people in Malta, who possess more advanced digital skills.
The Digital Skills Bootcamp initiative aims to improve access to, and availability of, coding and coding-related upskilling activities. Another goal of the initiative is to improve the talent pool of people with advanced digital skills, develop a larger pool of persons that are better equipped for their future education or employment or to increase their quality of digital life through the use of coding, and educate and raise awareness of the importance of coding and digital skills in a career context. Each year, training providers join the e-Skills Malta Foundation through the Digital Skills Bootcamp, to offer coding and advanced digital skills education sessions to various target audiences.
- Digital Accessibility for Everybody - for teachers, wider educational staff, parents and public sector employees.
- Careers in the eSports industry - a session aiming to attract students, younger people, and those interested in sports.
- IT Tools and Tricks 2021 - a training for anyone, who wants to improve the way they use the internet.
- Mobile Apps Design - a training for younger people, students, and those with a flair for software.
- Practical ICT Skills - specifically for adults, not in employment, those looking to upskill and reskill, and jobseekers.
- An introduction to Blockchain and Smart Contract Programming for all 2.0 and Blockchain, DLT, Cryptocurrencies and Smart Contracts - two education sessions, focusing on emerging technologies and the skills needed to work with them.
- Business digital enablement for business owners - a training with a business focus, for management-level employees, business executives, directors and leaders.
- Remote teaching and learning through gamification and Minecraft - an education session for teachers, who want to encourage the use of digital tools and technologies in teaching and learning.
- Programming basics with Python - a training, targeting younger people, students and those interested in programming.
Many other bootcamp educational sessions are available through the website of the e-Skills Malta Foundation, targeting the digital skills of all citizens, labour force, as well as digital skills in education.