The Practical ICT Skills Training course has been designed by Domain Academy as a part of the Digital Skills Bootcamp 2021 of eSkills Malta Foundation. Each year, training providers join the e-Skills Malta Foundation through the Digital Skills Bootcamp, to offer coding and advanced digital skills education sessions to various target audiences. As one of the main goals of the initiative is to improve the talent pool of people with basic and advanced digital skills, this course fits precisely into this objective.
The main goal of Practical ICT Skills Training course is to make people familiarise with basic ICT skills. In particular, this free online course is intended both for persons in employment and for Not in Training and Employment (NTE) persons.
Programme of the course
The course content is the same for both employed and unemployed people. The course lasts about two months, during which some key topics will be covered, including:
- Cybersecurity: the key concepts relating to the importance of secure information and data, physical security, privacy and identity theft
- Learn how to protect a computer, a device, or network from malware and unauthorised access
- Browse the Internet with awareness of the risks and knowing how to communicate safely (security issues regarding email and instant messaging)
- Understanding of different types of networks, connection types and network specific issues including firewalls
- Learn how to backup and restore data appropriately and safely, and how to securely dispose of data
Many other bootcamp educational sessions are available through the website of the e-Skills Malta Foundation, targeting the digital skills of all citizens, labour force, as well as digital skills in education.