Women in Data Science
The Women in Data Science (WiDS) initiative aims to inspire and educate data scientists worldwide, regardless of gender, and to support women in the field. WiDS started as a one-day technical conference at Stanford in November 2015. Five years later, WiDS is a global movement that includes a number of worldwide initiatives:
- A conference with 200+ regional events worldwide in more than 60 countries, reaching 100,000 participants annually.
- A datathon, encouraging participants to hone their skills using a social impact challenge.
- A podcast series, featuring data science leaders from around the world talking about their work, their journeys, and lessons learned along the way.
- An education outreach program to encourage secondary school students to consider careers in data science, artificial intelligence (AI), and related fields.
- A workshop series to build your data science skills, inspiring women and girls with role model instructors.
National coalition member
Digital skills for the labour force.
Digital skills for ICT professionals and other digital experts.
Digital skills in education.
Digital skills for all
Digital technology / specialisation
Geographic scope - Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Industry - field of education and training
Generic programmes and qualifications not further defined
Log in to comment