OECD - Education & Skills Online Assessment
Education & Skills Online is an assessment tool designed by OECD to provide individual-level results that are linked to the OECD Survey of Adult Skills (PIAAC) measures of literacy, numeracy and problem solving in technology-rich environments.
All results are comparable to the measures used in PIAAC and can be benchmarked against the national and international results available for the participating countries. In addition, the assessment contains non-cognitive measures of skill use, career interest, health and well-being, and behavioral competencies (only available from March 2018 to June 2020).
Who is the test for?
The assessment tool has been developed for youth and adults of all ages. Institutions, organisations or local governments can use the online tool to assess the skills of a particular population with the goal of providing training or for research purposes. The test is available in 10 languages (Czech, English, Estonian, French, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish).
In particular, the test aims at:
- Organisations providing adult literacy and numeracy training that wish to have information that can help diagnose the strengths and weaknesses of learners and evaluate the results of training against national and international benchmarks.
- Educational institutions such as universities, vocational education and training centers that can use the test as a diagnostic tool for incoming students to help determine their need for literacy/numeracy courses.
- Researchers who would like to have access to an assessment that is benchmarked to PIAAC results.
- Government organisations interested in assessing the learning needs of unemployed adults, at risk groups or economically disadvantaged adults.
- Public or private companies that want to use the results to help them identify the training needs related to literacy and numeracy for their workforce.
Requirements to take the test
The test is available only in computer-based format and can be taken on any computer, including home computers, that is connected to the internet and meets the system requirements for the test. Test takers receive a code they must enter in order to start the test.
Digital skills resource details
Assessment tool for any user