Nephele 1st Open Call
NEPHELE is a RIA (Research and Innovation Action) project funded by the Horizon Europe programme under the topic "Future European platforms for the Edge: Meta Operating Systems". Its vision is to enable the efficient, reliable and secure end-to-end orchestration of hyper-distributed applications over programmable infrastructure that is spanning across the compute continuum from Cloud-to-Edge-to-IoT, removing existing openness and interoperability barriers in the convergence of IoT technologies against cloud and edge computing orchestration platforms, and introducing automation and decentralized intelligence mechanisms powered by 5G and distributed AI technologies.
Nephele project is calling for Industrial SMEs and Mid-caps to develop a set of Virtual Objects, composite Virtual Objects and Digital Twins, as well as extensions in the software stack in the form of generic functions. Up to 8 Industrial SMEs/Mid-caps will receive up to 76 000€ funding per project. The project also offers:
- Participation in a 6-month-long support programme;
- Technical mentoring.
The proposals must address at least one of the focus areas listed below:
- Development of VOs and optionally cVOs along with a set of generic or device-specific functions based on VOStack.
- Development of Digital Twins based on the cVO concept
- Development of VO network and/or security management mechanisms for the VOStack.
- Development of semantic interoperability mechanisms (e.g., from W3C WoT to NGSI-LD, from W3C WoT to OMA LwM2M and vice-versa) for the VOStack.
The deadline for applications is 10 January 2024 at 17:00 CET.