Slovakia - National Coalition for Digital Skills and Jobs
Digital Coalition – National Coalition for Digital Skills and Jobs of the Slovak Republic is an initiative of the European Commission, IT Association of Slovakia and the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister of the Slovak Republic for Investment and Informatisation with the participation of 21 founding members on 27 September 2017.
Its aim is to mobilise the wide range of public, private, academic, civic organisations and education and research institutions in Slovakia and improve the digital skills of citizens, employees, students and teachers, and specialists within the information technology (IT) sector.
Digitalna Koalicia in 2023 associates 93 members - key stakeholders in the field of education and ICT in Slovakia, it connects relevant ministries, universities, associations, tech companies and the main initiatives that aim to increase people’s digital competences.
Overview of state strategies and national initiatives
Members can join the Digital Coalition voluntarily and free of charge by acceding to the Digital Coalition Memorandum, in parallel with the adoption of valuable commitments to deal with the impact of Industry 4.0 on human resources (the digital transformation of the company) by the promotion of digital skills.
National coalition details
- Enhancing digital skills for all groups of the population (general public, business, public administration and self-government), including training activities, which do not require any formal authorisation.
- Addressing the lack of information technology (IT) specialists in all sectors and sectors of the economy, public administration and self-government.
- Motivating and recruiting young people to study STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) and promote digital skills and IT careers.
- Attracting foreign students, graduates, and staff in technical and IT trade unions and industries.
- Preparing for digital transformation in all sectors and especially when it comes to sectors of the economy, public administration and self-government.
- Promoting technological innovation in relation to the provision and regulation of financial services, in particular in banking, payment services, insurance and capital markets.
- Promoting and providing activities to increase financial literacy for the general public through digital technologies.
- Supporting and providing activities and activities of the European Commission’s Digital Jobs and Skills Coalition initiative in Slovakia.
- Connecting various actors from the academic and private sectors focused on education and skills and skills with possible participation of the state sector, non-profit sector and self-governments also in the form of cluster.
- Organisation of seminars, trainings, exhibitions and conferences, marketing and promotional activities.
Partners of Digital Coalition include: non-governmental organisations (NGOs), public institutions, formal education and training providers, enterprises and industries, public-private partnerships (PPPs), labour unions, employer and civic associations, and policymakers.