Europass is a European initiative, which offers a set of free, multi-lingual digital tools and resources to support citizens' preparedness for the job market and lifelong learning. People can create their Europass profile for free and use it as a personal online space to record their learning, work experiences, skills, and interests. They can then share it with others or create CVs and cover letters to prepare their applications. The Europass CV format is one of the most recognised CV by employers and education training providers throughout Europe.
This set of tools are being developed and managed by the European Commission in cooperation with EU Member states and other participating countries as elaborated in the Europass decision.
Europass has a strong focus on reskilling and supporting anyone who wants to learn something new or switch to an entirely different career path. To achieve this, the Europass tool offers:
- the Europass profile to record experiences, achievements and skills.
- online editors to create CVs and cover letters.
- a user-friendly search function to discover relevant jobs from thousands of job opportunities powered by EURES, courses and training opportunities throughout Europe.
- an easy way to store professional and education qualifications, certificates, licences, recommendation letters and other documents online.
- supporting information and articles on working, studying, and training abroad.
- personalised course and job suggestions matching users skills and interests.
The initiative also works to establish interoperability with other learning, employment, information, and communication systems to enable learners to exchange CVs and profiles directly with recruiters, and find relevant job and training opportunities throughout Europe.
The Europass Digital Credentials are developed by the European Commission for organisations to issue digitally signed credentials to learners across the EU. This technical infrastructure could be used by the Member States and various stakeholders to certify various types of learning achievements. The Europass Digital Credentials Infrastructure provides a secure, trustworthy and fraud-resistant system that ensures data privacy and data protection.