Slovakia - National Cybersecurity Strategy 2021-2025
The National Cybersecurity Strategy 2021-2025 is adopted by the Government of the Slovak Republic on 7 January 2021 by Resolution No 5/2021. This is the underlying strategic document which sets out in a comprehensive manner the strategic approach of the Slovak Republic to ensuring cybersecurity.
Cybersecurity of the Slovak Republic is addressed by a complex system which includes not only the laws that regulate it, but also practical activities such as risk management, detection and handling of cybersecurity incidents, system restoration, education, dissemination of security awareness and not least research and development of cybersecurity tools and processes.
The national strategy is addressed to all entities involved in the construction of the cybersecurity system. On the basis of clear principles, it sets strategic objectives and has the ambition to respond in a modern way to current and forward-looking security threats.
Education in the field of cybercrime takes place through specific activities of the Public Prosecutor‘s Office, the Police Force and the Judicial Academy of the Slovak Republic.
Planned initiatives to increase digital skills and competences:
- Strengthening general awareness, knowledge and skills in the field of cyber and information security in society.
- Increasing competences in the field of cyber security for different age groups - children, youth and adults.
- Implementing the joint educational activities and activities supporting security awareness raising with public authorities, academia and the private sector.
- Creating common understanding between individuals, employers and educational program providers in EU member states.
- Defining the minimum skill set for cybersecurity workforce and support its continuous improvement.
This document discusses threats, loss-making goals, major foreign policy partners, and also the measurability and implementation of the Cybersecurity Meeting.
Slovak Republic state budget and resources from the operational programmes of the European Community funds.
The strategy is coordinated by Government of the Slovak Republic. Key stakeholders in the cybersecurity system of the Slovak Republic include:
- Government Office of the Slovak Republic,
- Ministry of Investments, Regional Development and Informatization of the Slovak Republic,
- Ministry of Finance of the Slovak Republic,
- Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic,
- Ministry of Defence of the Slovak Republic,
- Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic,
- Ministry of Interior of the Slovak Republic,
- Ministry of Justice of the Slovak Republic,
- Ministry of Health of the Slovak Republic,
- General Prosecutor’s Office of the Slovak Republic,
- Office for Personal Data Protection of the Slovak Republic,
- Presidium of the Police Force of the Slovak Republic,
- Slovak Information Service,
- universities and other educational institutions,
- Cybersecurity Competence and Certification Centre,
- operators of essential services,
- digital service providers.