Study on Blockchain Skills Demand (2021)
This study, published in 2021 by the Erasmus+ project CHAISE provides unique insights in the demand for blockchain skills within the EU. The research aims to establish the structure of current blockchain employment, the type of organisations employing blockchain professionals, the educational profile of blockchain workers and the skills and competencies currently required by employers.
The market for blockchain skills is assessed within the context of the following aspects:
- Employment form and nature;
- Blockchain workforce characteristics;
- Skills in demand for current and future blockchain employees;
- Education and skill development support;
- Perceived changes within blockchain organisations.
The research data was gathered from the following sources: (i) a literature review; (ii) an online survey; (iii) data from online job vacancies; and (d) in-depth interviews.