Digital Maturity Check - COM³
The Interreg North Sea projects CORA and COM³ have developed Digital Maturity Check, a tool to help staff and developers in municipalities, regions, business, and support organisations assess their digital maturity on various dimensions and identify their strengths and potential gaps. The maturity analysis model is a simple, intuitive yet comprehensive tool to get a quick overview of the digital readiness.
Through a 20-30-minute survey, the tool helps compare your digital maturity with other municipalities and regions in Europe and provide you with an overview of your potential to embark on your digital transformation. The maturity model captures the four general dimensions of digitalization Strategy, Technology, Organization and Competencies. Each dimension contains three criteria which serve as a headline for multiple choice, as well as open-ended questions. These range from digital inclusion and citizen participation inquiries regarding digitalization, training programs for digitals skills, digitalization acceptance or IT security.
The CORA maturity model does not test the quality of the implementation of digitalization measures. Instead, it captures the stage of progression in which the implementation of a criterion is located.
- No Activity: The municipality has not taken any active role in the specific field of action.
- Plan: Single meetings for the conception and planning of the topic have taken place. Probably the plan is developed, and responsibilities have been defined.
- Do: The municipality is implementing the planned activities. Possibly the activities do already have a positive impact on the municipality.
- Control: The activities have been implemented and are ongoing. The municipality actively collects information and feedback for improvements.
- Act: Plan, Do and Control have been fulfilled. The municipality uses the collected information/ feedback to start a new planning process. Activities are being improved.
When the questionnaire is completed, a spider chart report is provided, as well as inspiration projects from other running municipalities, regions, and support organisations.
Digital skills resource details