About this course
Meta is offering a course all about the fundamentals of User Experience (UX) research and design and User Interface (UI). This course aims to equip learners with the skills to develop common UX artefacts such as user personas and using UX insights to make design decisions. Learners will also learn how to use a UI design process to create wireframes for features in Figma and turn these into Minimum Viable Product style prototypes.
Upon completing this course learners will be able to:
- Design digital products that create value and solve a user's problems in meaningful ways
- Recognise what constitutes successful UX/UI and evaluate existing interfaces for design consistency and quality
- Identify best practice interaction design methods and evaluate and improve designs
- Create, share and test UX/UI designs following best practice guidelines
Additionally this course is part of multiple programmes offered on Coursera. Learners can opt to complete multiple Specialisation or Professional Certificates programmes. This course is part of the following programmes:
- Meta Front-End Developer Professional Certificate
- Meta iOS Developer Professional Certificate
- Meta Android Developer Professional Certificate
- Meta React Native Specialisation
While this syllabus is set out in a week-by-week format, the course is self-driven and learners can opt to complete more work in a week.
- Week 1 - Introduction to UX/+UI design
- Week 2 - Evaluating interactive design
- Week 3 - Applied Design Fundamentals
- Week 4 - Designing your UI
- Week 5 - Course summary and final assessment
This is a beginner course for learners who would like to explore and prepare for a career in UX/UI development. Basic internet navigation skills and motivation to learn are the only prerequisites to take this course.