Poland - Digital Competence Development Programme (2020-2030)
The Digital Competence Development Programme 2020-2030 focuses on digital skills development for citizens, information and communication technology (ICT) sector specialists, employees of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), as well as public administration and national bodies.
Initiatives and actions planned within the framework of the programme cover all levels of digital skills and competences, from basic to advanced skills. At the same time, the Programme also aims to foster a collaborative environment, in which ICT professionals can develop further their technological skills, in the context of the digital transformation or skills needed to work with key emerging technologies, such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), cloud and data, cybersecurity and others.
The Digital Competence Development Programme operates within the framework of the 4 pillars of the EU Digital Skills and Jobs Coalition - skills for all citizens, the labour force, education and digital experts. As such, the Programme establishes the following priorities, structured across the pillars for digital skills:
Digital skills for citizens
- To bring digital skills closer to each citizen in Poland and offer an opportunity to develop digital competences to everyone.
- To increase digital competence levels of the general population and promote the importance of digital skills for work and life.
Digital skills for the labour force
- To provide support and foster the development of digital competences and skills for employees in all sectors of the economy, with a special focus on SMEs.
- To introduce a national Integrated Qualifications System, which focuses on the digital skills needed for careers in technology and accessing professional opportunities for IT technicians and supporting staff, as well as a programmers and developers.
Digital skills for ICT specialists
- Providing support to digitally talented people who will in future contribute to the resource of ICT specialists with the highest competences.
- Academy of Innovative Applications of Digital Technologies 'AI Tech' aiming to support development of advanced digital competences in emerging technologies (Artificial intelligence, machine learning and cybersecurity).
Digital skills in education
- Extending and improving digital skills education from an early age in pre-school, and then in early school education.
- An IT Talent Development Programme 2019-2029 aimed at supporting young people's development in mathematics and IT.
Various stakeholders are involved in the implementation of the programme, including the government, local municipalities, entrepreneurs, employer organisations and representatives from the education sector and science and research.